Wednesday, April 29, 2009

for you, Ms. Roth - Part 2

So I wrote you letters

mapped the space in between
did my best to bend
my words into pictures

to shape
time
into plans

I will see you,
when?


I wrote you letters
I wrote you recklessly
I wrote to the pain in me

though I
don't think
that's how you saw it

my longing full up like a storm coming

changed the color made the drawing seem one of incessant
burning rather than that of an everpresent lacking
tear-drop shaped eyes

you were
weathering a storm of your own
and i was lucky.


In the distance

I built us a home
I layed down the grass seed
grew up the trees
put mattress on top of mattress
made the whole thing sunkissed and smell
of fallen leaves
baking bread and chocolate and coffee.

In the distance

like a locket with a loved one's photograph

I put your mark on me.

No comments: