Thursday, April 9, 2009

Robots have it better than I do.

They get to be in music videos.
They get to meet the Beastie Boys.
They get to hang out with the Beastie Boys.
And the Flaming Lips.
And I'm sure they get to party with them both.

I would party on weeknights if I could party with the Flaming Lips.

I would still only party on the weekends with the Beastie Boys.

If I was a robot I would spend all my time in the garage with scrap metal and a soldering iron making useful extension tools for my metal arms. And my metal legs.

I could probably fashion guitar strings in my left armpit, one end attached to the inside of my forearm, the other end to my hip.

And that way when I held my arm out straight, the strings would tighten up (like webbing between the toes on a frog's foot.) Then I would have a built in musical instrument, like a secret super power.
And I could fashion a bow holder on my back. Not "bow" like bow and arrow, but "bow" like bow for a cello - and I could use it to play my armpit guitar.

And also I could carry arrows back there and use my tightened guitar strings like a built in bow (the launching kind) and that way my secret power would not only be of the heart (music) but also of justice (violence).

But, you know robots - they don't have hearts.
It would be hard to make music without a heart,
but then I guess plenty of people do it.

So why shouldn't robots?

Robots have it better then I do.
They can use oil and glue and soldering irons. They don't have to feel themselves getting old and they can always improve with extra parts.
Plus, they get to hang out with the Flaming Lips and at NASA and they are more likely to go to the moon and I think they've been on Mars, and also very deep in the ocean.

Robots have it better than I do.

No comments: